Salutations!

This is my Blogproject. Sit down, stay awhile. Feed the fish, and read some art.
If you like what you see or have any questions or critiques, please let me know.
Yours, Truly.

Monday, June 25, 2012

To My Biggest Fan

I want to express my appreciation, in these last few weeks you've made life bearable. There are literally times I couldn't live without you. And that's not just a bunch of hot air, I mean it!

You don't let the conversation die, so there is no silence between us-- And despite your blades sharp tongue you never cut me off. When I am lonely and listless, you spin tales of ice cream worlds and water-slides to distract me. You'd blow off anyone to spend time with me, and it's something I really appreciate.

I remember falling asleep to your whispers every summer as a child. Covered in mud and creek water, in bug bites and sunscreen-- I'd walk through the door with the light fading in my wake. I'd grab a glass of water and find you, and just bask in your presence until the crickets had chirped their last chirp, and I was out (and deliciously) cold.

And that's how it's always been, you make me feel good--
I come to you when I feel extra hot, and I leave feeling like the coolest girl around.
You always listen, occasionally shaking your head slowly in commiseration when I complain about the damned heat.
And when I whisper close, you make my voice sound hilarious!

I have to say, I think this letter may be addressed wrong. Right now, I feel like *your* biggest fan. I'm off to visit Pool, when I get back do you want to have a mini-hurricane party in my room? Sweet.

Oscill-you-lator Gator!

Yours, Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment